Talks and Workshops
My talks and training sessions embrace many aspects of Creativity, Confidence and Creative Business Development. I work regularly with creative professionals, students, and people who are looking to start or develop their own small businesses. I also create bespoke training for Creative Industry organisations and national charities.
I regularly present creative Business Courses for The Refectory Table.These bespoke courses are run in comfortable non-corporate settings accompanied by great food - the Crafts Council Away Day and Water Tower courses pictured here are both Refectory Table events curated by Refectory Table director Janet Currie FRSA.
I have a range of talks aimed at individuals who want to achieve extraordinary things, but who need to find ways to overcome procrastination & resistance. For example 'Cheeky Letters & Dream Lists' was launched at TEDx Derby last year. You can read more about that here
I present at national conferences and events, and work with universities, colleges, businesses and arts organisations for whom I design and deliver training events, seminars and continuing professional development programmes. I travel widely across the UK.
All my talks are designed specifically for the audience - no two are the same.
crafts council awayday
- Cheeky Letters & Dream Lists - how to achieve extraordinary things
- The Art Of Shouting Quietly - Self-promotion for mindful people
- Make Your Creativity Pay - strategies for arts-based self-employment
- Living in the Real World - CPD for art & design students
- Insights talks & Masterclasses - for schools and FE Colleges
Need something special? Just ask.
Download the Talks & Seminars PDF here
Design factory - Cromford Mill
'Pete delivered a great workshop looking at writing for your business and how to go about promoting your company. The group were delighted with the detailed information and knowledge that he shared with them and many of them put it to use straight away. I have already booked Pete to run more sessions with us here at the University and I know that these will be received with the same enthusiasm. Always a pleasure to work with, thanks Pete.'
Megan Powell Vreeswijk - Senior Commercialisation Fellow - Loughborough University
Antenna - Diana Pasek-Atkinson
Awayday - Tas Kyprianou
Water Tower - Janet Currie
Cromford - Hayley Banks
Talks/Seminars this year include:
- The Art of Shouting Quietly - Glitch Creative Network, Nottingham
- Shouting Quietly - Writing East Midlands Conference 2016
- Creative Business Retreat at Ocean Studios, Plymouth
- Hothouse programme for Crafts Council UK
- Crowdfunding Talk & Masterclass National Centre for Craft & Design
- Writing for Creative Business at Loughborough University Design Studio
- Creative Business Planning at the National Centre for Craft & Design
- Tell Your Story - an Awayday for Crafts Council UK
- Peer Review Day : Starting Out 2013 for Yorkshire Artspace
The Water Tower - Northamptonshire
What People Say
'A brilliant insight into a subject I find fascinating and really important to selling in business. Loved Pete's stories from his wealth of experience' Ross Kemp
'Very inspiring workshop and great grounding of how's, do's, and dont's to build from' Ian Tricker
Students on 'Writing for Business' day - Loughborough University
You can contact me by phone on 0141 416 0555. Or email: email@example.com I aim to answer all queries within 24 hours
'Thanks again for a very entertaining and encouraging presentation yesterday evening. Students present were clearly reassured by your message to follow your strengths and passions as you seek your ideal career path, and it was particularly encouraging for those who are unsure about the more traditional career paths.
I hope to arrange for you to visit again in a couple of years’ time'
Assistant Head, Head of Sixth Form & Head of Boarding, Ratcliffe College