Talks and Workshops
My talks and training sessions embrace many aspects of Creativity, Coaching and Creative Business Development. I work regularly with professionals coaches, creatives, students, and people who are looking to start or develop their own small businesses. I also create bespoke training for coaching organisations, Creative Industry organisations and national charities.
I present at national conferences and events, and work with universities, colleges, businesses and arts organisations for whom I design and deliver training events, seminars and continuing professional development programmes. I travel widely across the UK.
I regularly present creative Business Courses for The Refectory Table.These bespoke courses are run in comfortable non-corporate settings accompanied by great food - the Crafts Council Away Day and Water Tower courses pictured here are both Refectory Table events curated by Refectory Table director Janet Currie FRSA.
I have a range of talks aimed at individuals who want to achieve extraordinary things, but who need to find ways to overcome procrastination & resistance. For example my 'Cheeky Letters & Dream Lists' talk at TEDx Derby. You can read more about that here
All my talks are designed specifically for the audience - no two are the same.
crafts council away day at the refectory table
- Coaching & working with quiet people - how to get the best from quiet individuals.
- The Art Of Shouting Quietly - Self-promotion for mindful people
- Make Your Creativity Pay - strategies for arts-based self-employment
- Living in the Real World - CPD for art & design students
- Insights talks & Masterclasses - for schools and FE Colleges
Need something special? Just ask.
Download the Talks & Seminars PDF here
Design factory - Cromford Mill
'Pete delivered a great workshop looking at writing for your business and how to go about promoting your company. The group were delighted with the detailed information and knowledge that he shared with them and many of them put it to use straight away. I have already booked Pete to run more sessions with us here at the University and I know that these will be received with the same enthusiasm. Always a pleasure to work with, thanks Pete.'
Megan Powell Vreeswijk - Senior Commercialisation Fellow - Loughborough University
Antenna - Diana Pasek-Atkinson
Awayday - Tas Kyprianou
Water Tower - Janet Currie
Cromford - Hayley Banks
Talks/Seminars this year include:
- Masterclass in coaching quiet people - West Midlands Employers Coaching Pool.
- Masterclass in coaching quiet people - West Midlands EMCC group.
- Teaching 'Values & Goals' modules on Barefoot Coaching Ltd's P.G. Cert in Business and Personal coaching.
- Shouting Quietly - talks for Psychologies Magazine, London & Manchester.
- Self-Promotion for quiet souls - Happy Startups Summercamp.
- Hothouse programme for Crafts Council UK.
- Creative Business Planning - Hereford College of the Arts.
- Masterclass in self-promotion - Association of Animal Artists.
- Creative Business Retreat at Ocean Studios, Plymouth
- The Art of Shouting Quietly - Glitch Creative Network, Nottingham
- Writing for Creative Business at Loughborough University Design Studio
- Creative Business Planning at the National Centre for Craft & Design
- Tell Your Story - an Awayday for Crafts Council UK
What People Say
Pete delivered a workshop at our West Midlands Employers 10th Coaching & Mentoring Conference on the 9th November 2017. We received such positive feedback from the delegates and Pete delivered a very unique and insightful workshop on coaching introverts.
If you are looking for somebody who can provide a unique insight into the “Art of Shouting Quietly' and how to coach introverts then we highly recommend Pete and the Art of Work series – Brilliant and thank you Pete.
Zoe Lee - West Midlands Employers.
You can contact me by phone on 0141 416 0555. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org I aim to answer all queries within 24 hours
'Thanks again for a very entertaining and encouraging presentation yesterday evening. Students present were clearly reassured by your message to follow your strengths and passions as you seek your ideal career path, and it was particularly encouraging for those who are unsure about the more traditional career paths.
I hope to arrange for you to visit again in a couple of years’ time'
Assistant Head, Head of Sixth Form & Head of Boarding, Ratcliffe College